After the turmoil, supporters overwhelmed Dharmanin in the Senate

“Chaos scene”, “Fear of (their) life”… Proponents heard in the Senate on Tuesday described the “horrifying day” they experienced in the Champions League final at the Stade de France and sought accountability from Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin. I asked for resignation.

Three weeks after Gerald Dalmanin held a hearing in front of the Senator’s delegation, on Tuesday, a member of parliament was a senior officer of the UEFA, two representatives of Liverpool supporters, Real Madrid supporters and football supporters. His role was often mentioned when listening to European (FSE) officers. group.

The problem is the minister’s accusation hours after a serious dysfunction in the finals organization: Gerald Darmanin accuses British supporters, “Large, industrial and systematic fraud on counterfeit banknotes” Create a fault.

“You, Sir (Dharmanin) humiliated the people of Paris. Your endless lies and false stories only amplified our trauma.”Ted Morris, head of the Liverpool Association of Supporters for the Disabled, claimed to have attended the Stade de France on 28 May. “I ask you to withdraw your brutal and unfounded accusations, and if you do not have the decency to do so, you must choose the most prestigious course and resign. Hmm”He launched.

In front of the Senator, Ted Morris read testimony of “traumatic” disabled supporters, victims of theft or assault by a local gangster in Sandoni, or police spraying of tear gas. “This is the most horrifying experience I have ever had in Europe in Liverpool.”Recalling the trauma experienced by Liverpool in Hillsboro in 1989, he said 97 supporters were killed in a huge crowd movement.

Gerald Dalmanin’s dissertation was also weakened Tuesday morning by a hearing by Martin Karen, general manager of the UEFA event, a subsidiary of the European organization responsible for running commercial events.While Mr. Dermanin maintained a controversial number in front of the Senator “35,000 supporters” According to him, the Swiss leader dismantled the number, with or without forged tickets.

Fans want to apologize

“We know that about 2,600 tickets were brought into the fake ticket gates.”Said Martin Karen. “But many counterfeit tickets never arrived at the ticket gate (…) How many? I don’t know. I couldn’t really confirm. The numbers mentioned after the first few days in France. I don’t think it’s more or less 30,000 to 40,000 “He insisted.

Joe Blot, a member of the supporter group “Spirit of Shankly,” also urged French authorities to “withdraw” their accusations and present a “complete apology,” degrading France’s reputation. Pointed out.

“”A complete, independent and transparent study to regain confidence in the ability of the world to secure supporters at the Rugby World Cup (2023, Editor’s Note) and the Olympic Games (2024) in the coming years. Is required. France hosts global sporting events “He said.

So far, the UEFA announced at the end of May that it had commissioned an investigation to Portugal’s former Minister of Education, Youth and Sports, Tiago Brandão Rodriguez.Martin Karen specified that the latter started his work “this week” Can report “In September”.

In the meantime, Swiss leaders have made some recommendations. For example, “work as much as possible with electronic tickets,” “do more at security boundaries,” and “improve communication with the right people.”

For Martin Karen, tamper-proof paper tickets were less appropriate than certified electronic tickets. However “It wasn’t just the paper tickets that caused confusion outside the gate. “ He insisted. “There are multiple causes. Transport strikes, bad reactions from stewards, law enforcement agencies, criminals (borders, editor’s notes), a huge stream in front of the stadium without tickets or with counterfeit tickets.”He insisted.