The Senate continues to hold a hearing to shed light on the chaotic nights of the Stade de France. RATP and SNCF hearings were held at the Luxembourg Palace this Tuesday morning after Interior Minister Gerald Dalmanin and his counterpart Sports Amelie Udea Castella, the French Football Federation, or Didier Larman Police Chief. rice field. .. And the two careers were particularly questioned on one point that was widely discussed at the end of last week. It is the removal of the evening video surveillance image, which is a bystander of the Champions League final on May 28th.
What images are we talking about?
First, let’s rearrange each area. In Saint-Denis, RATP is in charge of metro line 13, and Saint-Denis Porto de Paris serves Stade de France. On the day of the final, access to this enclosure was primarily used by Real Madrid supporters. As part of RER D, SNCF handles the Stade de France-Saint-Denis station and this part of the RERB where the flow of travelers in this sector arrives at the Plane Stade station. France. The last route of the match day wasn’t used much because RER B was affected by the May 28 strike.
Both operators have a network of cameras in their area. “They are filming inside and around our train. This shows Sylvie Charles, General Manager of SNCF Transilien. It’s not outside. RATP is in charge of transportation and maintenance. Through his deputy secretary, Philip Martin, he also showed that the video was about Porte Saint-Denis in Paris, and there was no camera to determine what happened “around the stadium”. In this regard, FFF explained a week ago that the image of the enclosure was automatically destroyed seven days after the final. However, police headquarters soon claimed to have their own record in this sector.
On Friday, RATP told Parisien-Aujour d’hui en France that all recordings on line 13 of the night were automatically deleted 72 hours later because there was no judicial request “for storage reasons”. Told. If SNCF on the same day first tells the newspaper that all videos disappeared within the same period for the same reason, then in the evening assert that “auto-deleted images were blocked and images were blocked”. So, I immediately retreated. Will be retained. “
What kind of images does SNCF hold?
The carrier made a statement in front of all Senators. First of all, some videos are definitely lost. This is the case for the recordings on board the RER train, and according to Sylvie Charles, for the “beginning to be erased” part of the Platine Saint-Denis. If the station where RER D arrived is kept in record, it is due to the “brawl” reported at Sandoni Station with injured British supporters. “Because of the incident, railroad guards blocked them,” says Francilien’s boss.
On Wednesday, June 1, SNCF claims to have received a call from the “Territorial Brigade” (Editor’s Note: Depends on Police Headquarters) in the afternoon asking to block the image. On the same day, Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin was deliberated in the Senate. The SNCF also claims that on Friday, June 10, the federal government was requested by justice the day after the FFF hearing announcing the destruction of the Stade de France recordings.
The SNCF also claims that “many misconducts” have been reported near the right of way around the Stade de France Plains. In addition, a report by inter-ministerial representative Michelle Kad to the Olympics and major events mentions “many battles and thefts” in this sector at 11:45 pm on the night of the match. According to the report, these incidents “exclude the temporary withdrawal of the Transilien SNCF team from the aggression of certain criminals in the area.”
Sylvie Charles evokes “jets of projectiles” and “drunk supporters who attacked agents” on the slopes, but “nothing serious”. He also mentions that “there is a strong pickpocket in the dock.” She claims to be “out of the extraordinary stadium.” However, it is not known if all of these events were filmed, especially if they were part of RERB’s recorded recordings.
Why did RATP remove everything?
“We haven’t had any incidents, so no action has been taken to save the video,” emphasizes Philip Martin. There was no request other than Friday (Editor’s Note: June 10). So here it is … “” There was no objective reason to keep the image because it wasn’t requested. Compliance and institutional issues.
However, some Spanish supporters mention the theft on the platform on line 13. One of them reports to Parisians.
“There’s something intriguing to me. Every channel in the world was showing images of what happened. No one in your two companies told themselves: You need to keep the photo.. It’s unbelievable that he launched Marie Pierre de la Gontry, Senator (PS) in Paris. Since there were incidents in Saint-Denis, SNCF only holds them. I don’t understand why you were so unsuitable for that context. »»
“We have over 50,000 cameras. You have to imagine what that represents from a storage perspective. We defended Jérôme Harnois. There are over 7,000 jobs a year and the deadline is all. Known to people. We didn’t make the same call (Editor’s Note: same as SNCF), otherwise we would have made the same decision. Conversely, beyond the procedure. It would have been criticized for saving images.