Which country is sending military or humanitarian aid to Ukraine?
Since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Thursday, several governments have announced the dispatch of military or humanitarian aid to Ukraine.
Washington announced a new $ 350 million military aid to Ukraine on Saturday. That’s a total of over $ 1 billion over the past year.
For the first time in its history, the EU will fund the purchase and delivery of weapons and other equipment to Ukraine, announced by Ursula von der Aleien, President of the European Commission.
The EU will release 450 million euros to provide weapons, explained Sunday night, head of European diplomacy Josep Borrell. He added that member states are ready to provide fighters.
Germany broke the taboo by agreeing to deliver weapons to Ukraine and broke the policy of banning all exports of deadly weapons in conflict zones. Berlin has approved the delivery of 1,000 anti-tank rocket launchers, 500 Stinger surface-to-air missiles, nine Howitzers, 14 armored vehicles and 10,000 tonnes of fuel to Kyiv.
Sweden also announced that it would break that doctrine and deliver anti-tank weapons to Kyiv on Sunday.
Paris has decided to provide additional defense equipment and fuel assistance on Saturday.
Belgium will provide 2,000 machine guns, 3,800 tonnes of fuel, 3,000 additional automatic rifles, and 200 anti-tank weapons.
Dutch Defense Ministry “Shipping on Saturday” Sniper rifle and helmet to Ukraine.She offers ” as soon as possible “ 200 Stinger missiles.
On Saturday, Prague promised 30,000 pistols, 7,000 assault rifles, 3,000 machine guns, dozens of sniper rifles, and one million cartridges worth € 7.6 million. As of the end of January, the Czech Republic had already approved a donation of 4,000 shells (equivalent to € 1.5 million) to Kyiv, but it has not yet been delivered.
The Government of Canada announced on Sunday the shipment of military protective equipment such as helmets and bulletproof vests.
Copenhagen said it would involve volunteers in the International Brigades that Ukraine is about to form.
Bucharest will send “Fuel, bulletproof vests, helmets, ammunition and other military equipment, at a cost of 3 million euros”.. Eleven Romanian military hospitals are ready to accept injured Ukrainians.
Delivered by Portugal “Vests, helmets, night vision goggles, grenades, ammunition of various calibers” or “G3 automatic rifle”..
- Washington announced $ 54 million on Sunday for additional humanitarian aid to Kyiv.
- France, which submits a resolution on humanitarian aid to Ukraine to the UN Security Council on Monday, sent 33 tonnes of humanitarian aid to Poland to assist the Ukrainian people. Over 30 tons of material also depart for Moldova at the beginning of the week.
- Israel provides 100 tons of humanitarian material.
- Italy has paid € 110 million in aid to the Ukrainian government.
- Spain will send 20 tons of aid to Ukraine, mainly in medical and defense equipment.
- The Netherlands has announced 20 million euros for humanitarian aid.
- In Turkey, Natural Disaster and Emergency Management (AFAD) has announced the dispatch of three long vehicles of humanitarian aid for Ukrainian refugees to Moldova. The Turkish Red Crescent, in cooperation with the Romanian Red Cross, provided assistance to the border between Ukraine and Romania. He also announced the dispatch of humanitarian aid to Ukraine.
- Greece send “Defense device” And humanitarian aid.